Candidate projects for the 4th edition of 5 courts revealed. An NFB/Paralœil co-production.
Rimouski, Quebec, January 17, 2019 – The NFB French Program Documentary Studio and Paralœil are partnering to co-produce a series of director-driven documentary shorts for the 4th edition of the 5 courts (5 Shorts) project.
This year, the creative strengths and singular character of the Bas-Saint-Laurent region are in the limelight. An original co-creation project will see filmmakers working alongside sound artists (composers, sound designers, etc.). This creative challenge aims to push the envelope of documentary film language by questioning the genre’s conventional uses of sound.
Following a call for projects, a jury has selected the following participants:
- Guillaume Lévesque and Antoine Létourneau (Rimouski)
- Cynthia Naggar (Rimouski) and Xavier Sénéchal (Albertville–Matapédia)
- Anna Woch (Rimouski) and Charles-Antoine Péloquin-Guay (Saint-Pascal–Kamouraska)
- Steve Verreault and Sébastien Dave Tremblay (Matane)
- Nicolas Paquet (Saint-Alexandre-de-Kamouraska) and Tom Jacques (Rimouski)
The project will proceed from winter to autumn 2019. Members of the local professional film and video community will be invited to attend some of the working sessions featuring the participating artists and NFB producers, as the project has been designed as an open creative lab, to allow as many filmmakers as possible to benefit from the NFB producers’ expertise at different stages of the documentary production process.
– 30 –
Paralœil, cinéma et centre de production
418-725-0211, poste 104
National Film Board of Canada